Sattal or Sat Tal (Hindi for “seven lakes”) is an interconnected group of seven freshwater lakes situated in the Lower Himalayan Range near Bhimtal, a town of the Nainital district in Uttarakhand, India. During the British Raj, the area had a tea plantation, one of four in the Kumaon area at that time. The lakes sit at an altitude of 1370 metres below lush orchards in the Mehragaon valley. Set amongst dense forests of oak and pine trees, Sattal is one of the few unspoiled and unpolluted freshwater biomes in India.
Day 1- Early morning pick up from Kathgodam Railway Station (arrival from Delhi by Ranikhet Express at 05:05 hrs) and transfer to hotel at Sattal. Check in (if rooms are available early morning otherwise rooms will be allotted after 10:00 hrs), freshen up and birding at Sattal Studio Point with packed breakfast. Back to hotel for lunch. Afternoon birding around Studio Point. Night stay on twin sharing basis.
Day 2- Morning birding around studio point. Afternoon birding at Chaanfi area.
Day 3- Morning birding at Sattal main road. Check out and Transfer to Pangot. Check in at hotel at Pangot, lunch at Pangot, afternoon birding at Timlipani trail. Night stay on twin sharing basis.
Day 4- Morning birding on Kunjakharak road. Afternoon birding around lodge and on Kilburry area. Check out from lodge at 18:00 hrs and transfer to Kathgodam Railway Station. Train departure time for Delhi: 20:40 hrs.
Tour CostTour cost is Rs 14,500/- per person.
Tour Leader – Mukul Azad
Tour Cost Includes
- Conveyance charges from Kathgodam Railway Station and back
- Nights stays at Pangot and Sattal on twin sharing as per itinerary
- All meals (vegetarian/non-vegetarian till lunch on last day) as mentioned in the itinerary
- All entry fees, guide charges, taxi and driver charges
- Service of a dedicated professional wildlife photographer and naturalist for the entire tour
- All applicable taxes
Tour Cost Excludes
- Travel cost from participant’s home town to Kathgodam and back
- Any extra food item not included in the meal as per itinerary
- Any alcoholic beverage
- Any non-alcoholic beverage not included in the meal as per itinerary
- Laundry, phone call, etc. personal charges
- Anything which is not mentioned in “Tour cost includes”
Get a Custom made Tour Plan with No Obligations Quote
If you like this tour and would like a custom tour plan to your requirements, then please fill the form given below. You can specify destinations, number of days you would like at each destination, activities, hotel categories, specify vehicles, request a guide or translator, etc. If you are traveling with children or elderly please let us know so that we can prepare the plan accordingly. In case you can’t find a specific destination listed on our site then let us know and we will work it out for you. We will send you a custom made tour plan and a no obligation quote. We look forward to welcoming you! See you soon!